IDEA Cellular Limited – India
IDEA Cellular is the 3rd largest mobile services operator in India servicing over 100 million subscribers. IDEA is a pan-India integrated GSM operator and has its own NLD and ILD operations, and ISP license. With traffic in excess of one billion minutes a day, IDEA operates across all 22 service areas with a network of 70,000 cell sites that seamlessly cover over 3,000 towns in India.
IDEA Cellular is an Aditya Birla Group Company, India’s first truly multinational corporation. The Aditya Birla Group Company group operates in 33 countries, and is anchored by more than 132,000 employees belonging to 42 nationalities.
Since 2005, Mapversa, as a preferred business partner of IDEA Cellular Limited, has worked on multiple Mapdata, GIS and Location Centric Software projects at corporate and circle levels. A few of the larger projects are as follows:
- ESRI-based Software Development Projects – Corporate
- GIS Implementation Project – Corporate
- Map data – Streets (65 cities in India)
- RF Maps – 2.5-meter/5-meter/15-meter – AP Circle, India
- RF Maps – 5-meter/15-meter – MP Circle, India
- RF Maps – 2.5-meter/5-meter/15-meter – Kerala Circle, India
- PINdex (PIN Code) Maps – India – Corporate
- GIS Staffing /Maintenance – Corporate
- Imaps – A web based and circle wide Business GIS Application – Corporate
IDEA Cellular ranked as our largest revenue contributor in India for three successive years (2007, 2008 and 2009).
To learn more about IDEA Cellular Limited, visit http://www.ideacellular.com